Hot weather in Texas

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Hot weather in Texas

Post by Wayne »

The quote from the weather man for North Texas last week was " Warning that North Texas is basically uninhabitable for humans this week." So I pick Friday to set the Dandy tower over a fence and into Pioneer Village. We got it in place and tied to the footings Friday morning. I then told the guy helping I was done for the day and would come back that afternoon and stab the head. Walked out on my porch at 7 and my temp Gauge registered 111. Went back in the house. Went down Saturday morning and worked 3 hours. Saturday afternoon about 4 it was 106 on the porch and then we got a summer rain shower, dropped things down to 80. At 7 I went to the Village because everything would be in the shade and cooler right. The temp had risen back to 96 with 97% humidity. No wind in the shade it was like a sauna. Never have sweated at much in my life. Plus I had left my water at home. Sunday wasn't a good day, as I think I was feeling the after affects of the heat. That's my story. Watch the heat it can sneak up on you.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Hot weather in Texas

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Wayne I talked to Steve yesterday and he was telling me about the awful heat down there.Keep cool if you can the Dandy tower can wait.If you end up with a heat stroke the tower could take a whole lot longer Stay safe.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Windy has his stories about the heat also ...
Here in south central TX not any better , just summer weather , not as bad as some years , not as good as some years .
Last year only reached 100 one day all summer .
Mike B
windybob

Post by windybob »

We've been at or near 100 for what seems weeks. I'm sick and tired of it. 108 today. In the shade. Can't wait for August. Maybe it will cool down. LOL
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Windy if it would cool down in August I might drive up and kiss you. Cool down in August would that mean ice in September?
windybob

Post by windybob »

Negatory on the kiss good buddy. lol Around here you never know what it will do.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.