Looking for person who restores windmills

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
caboogie2u

Looking for person who restores windmills

Post by caboogie2u »

I have an old windmill and pump house in need of restoration located in Mackinaw City, MI. Looking for quotes.
mtblah

Re: Looking for person who restores windmills

Post by mtblah »

is there any additional information , like , well , what kind of windmill , age , what will the windmill do after rebuild , just any kind of info , maybe photos would help get a response .
Way toooooo many veriables without lots more info .
caboogie2u

Post by caboogie2u »

ImageI know nothing about the windmill. I know it is old. Maybe 80-100. I have many of the fan pieces. Have the pump and I think the shaft too. Probably most interested in conversion to electric generation. It sits on the highest point in the area and gets fantastic wind coming off the Straits of Mackinac.
caboogie2u

Post by caboogie2u »

Tried to attach photo - not sure it went through
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

To attach pics, use the full editor, and select the Attachments tab under the text box.
PaulV
caboogie2u

Post by caboogie2u »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

appears to be a Aermotor A702 , very common , every part new is available from Aermotor in San Angelo TX , catalogue on line at : aermotor.com
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

The windmill is a aermoter i believe a 702 looks to be a 10 or 12ftr can't zoom in. Post everything you want done and I'm sure someone can help you that's close by.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

if you start looking at past conversation in this form about converting or driving a generator from a windmill ,,, NO is the short answer .
Look in the generator section , this is what a real electic windmill looks like .
sorry to dash your dreams & hopes .
I will be in Escanaba for a month , if you pay for my diesel fuel I will drive over and share my limited knowledge about Aermotor windmills .
Mike B
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Yes, nix the electricity thought.

Since the tower would be original because of all the infrastructure around the base, this is what I see:

8' mill on 47' tower
Fat lip hub on the motor so it is either a 602 or the first few years of 702.
Thinking it might be 602 as there isnt any apparent spoke braces on those loose spokes and the spokes sit behind the outer lip,

Take better pics next time...

I have over 15 8ft 602s and 702s in stock and the UP is on my list, so PM me if interested. I wouldnt want to run one of the cranes there but there would have to be someone there with a crane to set it

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO