Mystery pump jack

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Mystery pump jack

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Does anyone know the manufacturer of this pump jack under the tower?
20220831_123204_HDR.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Re: Mystery pump jack

Post by mtblah »

Thats a lot of cool "stuff " , gears & belts & boilers & fly weights & etc
thats a good question , a different solution / idea on how to use mechanical power .
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Is that a clutch under the chain sprocket on that IH engine in the foreground? I have been trying to figure out a clutch for one of them to put on a binder so the horses don't have to drive the machine and pull it.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Yes it is Kansas Rust Buzzard.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Ihc made this engine with a clutch to start and stop the pump. Don't know if the clutch would be strong enough to run a grain binder. Cushman made a 4 HP engine called the binder engine because it was made to go on binders. It has a clutch. I have one.
image000000(166).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

A man named Tom Winland in Ohio has a Cushman engine for sale, it doesn't have the clutch. 614-306-0908 www.gasenginetom.com/for-sale/ He is the man I bought my steam engine from. I'd sell you my Cushman but someone bent the crank and the flywheel wobbles a little. It has the original cooling tower and gas tank.