Imperial

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Ron Stauffer

Re: Imperial

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Peter
I really was meaning that I might have the D602 stuff for you to put one together. D and larger 602s arent that marketable that I have found. This is what I would have:
Complete late D602 motor and helmet. Old hub repair, U bolt hub but dont have Us, flat pitmen short stroke. Worn but serviceable bearings
Second generation D602 motor with no hub. Flat pitman on long stroke
Repairable buffer
D513 furl ring
Tail pin
Brake assembly with broken socket on 585
Repairable mast pipe
Repairable furl lever
Pattern for stub angles

Do you still have stuff in Lubbock?

Ron
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Ron,
I guess I will wait, sounds like a lot of repair work and I already have too many projects going on at the moment. I have no experience in pouring the bearings in a 602 and wouldn't know who could do it for me around here.
I also can't get myself to let that Canadian Air motor go, that tail is so nice and I will probably never find another one in that shape. Sorry
Eddie sent the stuff to Ogdensburg NY last week. I picked it up yesterday, it's all here.
If you're in the area stop in.
Peter
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

mtblah wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:22 am Does this mean in the future you could host the Internation Windmill Meet in Chesterville ? You have a great collection and space .
Something to ponder .
That will probably never happen. There aren't many people into windmills here in Canada, so most would be coming from the US and have to cross the border with all there windmill iron and then after trading go back across the border again. That would be a major headache for everyone. I just crossed the border yesterday to get some windmill stuff I hade shipped to Ogdensburg NY. I had to pay 13% tax on the value of the stuff I brought in.
But if anyone is in the area they are welcome to come and look at my windmills, that's what they are here for.
Peter
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Peter do you ever sell any of your Canadian windmills?
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Peter , thank you for "splainin" how that boarder stuff works , and not in you favor either . Down here Mexican boarded is easier , just long waiting in line to return to TX .
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:26 pm Peter do you ever sell any of your Canadian windmills?
Sometimes, I have been collecting this stuff since 2005 and sold around 7 windmills :lol: . What are you looking for?
Windcatcher530 Dan

I was thinking of a 8 or 10 ft pumper. Something that needs a little T L C. but all the parts are there. I can fix it up, repair,fabricate as long as i have something to work with. My favorite part of windmilling is working on them and figuring how they tick.Forgot to mention open gear if possible.
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Most around here are 8 foot Beatty's and GS&M Self Oiling models, open geared are a little harder to find. Open geared mills are my favorite because you can see how everything works. I will keep you in mind if I find anything.
looks like you're only around 5 hours away from me.
Peter
Windcatcher530 Dan

If not an open gear i would settle for a oil baths. we'll wait a bit and see what happens. Thanks for responding and keeping me in mind Peter.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Peter something interesting the Ontario Wind Engine company didn't start production of the airmotor Bell Hub until 1902 four years after the last Bell Hub was made by aermoter in the U.S. who started production of them around 1890. I wonder if they bought the patent