Lettering mystery

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Russail

Lettering mystery

Post by Russail »

Can someone fill in the blanks?
It's been assured to me this was assembled at the broken arrow plant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Lettering mystery

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Russail i wish I could help you out but my knowledge is 602 s and earlier. Maybe Ron or someone else on the forum can help you.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

I am impressed with the hinged anchor plates , powder coated ?
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

You have better close up pics than before.

So that type of stamp was commonly put on vanes that were RR shipped with recipients name. Since Broken Arrow was operated from 1964 to 1969 and the RRs weren't doing much LTC shipping by that time, I would be curious if it was a RR ship to. Maybe you know if there was a rail line there

I would guess the top line first word is David, cant tell much more on the top line.

The bottom line appears to start Protlo which doesnt make sense. As in Wheel of Fortune, you would need to buy vowels and consonants to complete and solve.

With a close pic of the vane, that is neither a Chicago or a FIASA. The corner wraps and the seaming is different. If you are certain of Broken Arrow build, then they did have their own style. I have seen that seam but never knew where it came from. With only a 5 year duration of manufacture of windmills there when the numbers built were waning, there is not as many examples.

Take some other good pics of motor internals, spokes, wheel sections, and tower as I would like to see if there are other variations.

Ron Stauffer
Russail

Post by Russail »

Will do Ron. It would be simple if stamp was legible but it's not, I'm getting documentation of names and such from her
Not powder coated
windybob

Post by windybob »

How about the mill coming from Protection Ks? Who sold Aermotors there, back in the day? Usually there is also the same lettering on a leg or two.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Makes sense to me Windy Bob !!
windybob

Post by windybob »

I don't know...Just a guess.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Russail

Post by Russail »

Here's some additional pictures.
That's interesting windy makes since on lettering. I'm trying to get some family pictures of it in the day that might show lettering in tack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Well I can tell you it's a 6ft 702. Strange there's only a F 7 on the wheel guide, can't help you with that.