Hello From Wisconsin

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
windmillnut

Hello From Wisconsin

Post by windmillnut »

I am looking to put together a Zenith Wincharger system from blade to battery to farm radio. I am starting from scratch. I have a few radios from the 20s to the late thirties. I think adding a wincharger to my radio collection would be wicked cool. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Brian
mtblah

Re: Hello From Wisconsin

Post by mtblah »

My cousin in Wilson MI has a LARGE windcharger on the tower she will give away at no charge , just take it down & haul off . BIG job but price is right , only 2 hours north of you .
Mike B
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Lots to choose from out there. Wincharger made over 100 different models. Wincharger was the largest but just one of over 50 companies that mfg wind chargers before wwii. A 6v Wincharger would complement your radio collection nicely. Some of the nicest zenith tails I’ve seen were model 37s. Other years also had the zenith tail vane. The challenge is finding something close to you to avoid shipping or a road trip. Also depends on if you want piece one together or find one already finished…what fun would that be. There’s a listing in the forum classifieds for a collection and there’s usually parts or a complete machine on eBay. I have tons (not an exaggeration) of parts and project machines but I’m in Texas. My bio has my contact info and link to my website. Let me know if I can help.
windmillnut

Post by windmillnut »

mtblah wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:50 am My cousin in Wilson MI has a LARGE windcharger on the tower she will give away at no charge , just take it down & haul off . BIG job but price is right , only 2 hours north of you .
Mike B
Hi Mike B,
Thanks for the offer, but I feel that I am past the time I could take down a windmill.