Lubbock Trip

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Wayne

Lubbock Trip

Post by Wayne »

More shots. One is the Improved Clipper at the Wind Power Center.
image000002(24).jpg
image000000(171).jpg
image000000(173).jpg
image000001(84).jpg
[attachment=0]image000003(4).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Lubbock Trip

Post by windybob »

really nice shots there, Wayne. Thanks.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

We really do grow a nice crop of windmills here in Texas .....
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Looks like a great trip, Wayne. I hope to visit the museum in the near future.
PaulV
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Sandra Harris is doing a great job at the American Windmill Museum up in Lubbock . !
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

They were having a wedding on Saturday so I couldn't go into where the mural is. Still a good time.
WisJim

Post by WisJim »

We got down to Lubbock while visiting our son in Pueblo, Colorado and got to spend time at the windmill museum. Well worth the trip, it was bigger and better than I had expected and all that I had hoped for--well it would have been nice to have more wind generators and to have the ones there displayed better. The Air Electric was tight in a corner with a home made unit crowding it, there was only one Jacobs, nothing with later governor, and there was a Wind Power generator hooked up to a vertical axis machine and not labeled well. But I'm just nit picking, it is a great museum. And I noticed that Mike has loaned some machines that are on display.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

If you don't take time to go to the Ranch Heritage, and the Fibre Center you miss a lot of neat stuff.
WisJim

Post by WisJim »

Wayne, we did make it to the Ranch Heritage center too, had a long full day with that and the Wind Museum and me recovering from knee replacement which meant I was walking slower than usual and resting often. We thought about going to the Fibermax center but ran out of time. Next time we hope to take our grandson along and spend more time around Lubbock.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

If you like museums and have the time take in the Panhandle Plains museum at Canyon. They have an Eclipse found by J.B. Buchanan, I think still in the crate. I've never been all the way through it, because every time I've been. It's been with people that didn't want to stay as long as I wanted to. Getting ready to make the trip by myself and can stay as long as I want.