Pinion gear Baker Monitor X

Need something? Post your request here.
CTXmiller

Pinion gear Baker Monitor X

Post by CTXmiller »

Seeking a pinion gear for a Baker Monitor X (10’ open gear). Part # X9 is the same part # for the 10’ Baker Monitor J as well as both models use the X9 pinion.

Tooth tip to tooth tip diameter is approx 5.25” with 16 teeth, 1 7/8” thick, 1.25” shaft. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Pinion gear Baker Monitor X

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Michael give Steve Adams a call !!!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

If you need any blade sections I have some extras.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Michael , your small gear looks a worn as the gear from my Ideal Steel , I wonder is lack of lube / maintance is a cnetral TX habit or is that world wide .
I would think as important as water is & has been to our early ancesters there would have lubed their windmills a bit more often ?
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Dan - I’ve been to Steve’s several times and recall picking over what he had for Baker Monitor open gear parts. He has a good variety of 8’ Baker Monitor open gear parts, but 10’ (open gears) aren’t as common for him and I in our areas.

Wayne - I’m good on blade sections. Thank you.

Mike - I think I read Ron write this in the past that the pinion spins 3x to 4x what the main bull gear spins. So it makes sense that it wears out quicker.

Thanks
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Dan was correct, Steve Adams had one. He had a Baker Monitor J, which was a later model that used the same X9 pinion.

Worn gear v good gear in the photos…already installed on the X.

Thanks fellas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.