started another

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
mtblah

started another

Post by mtblah »

The Ideal Steel is up & spinning .
I sat for a couple of days wondering what to do ?
So I started to dissemble another Aermotor , this one is a B602 , so Windy I will find out if any of the lessons you have taught me I will remember .
This tower has a B602 so my guess it was all shipped to the local hardware store as a package , notice the printing on the tower leggs , bolts & nuts , gerts & stringers , steps , every thing appears very origional . Cant wait to get inside the motor .
Mike B
new Braunfels TX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: started another

Post by windybob »

The Aermotor should be a lot easier mike. Holler with questions.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Mike that looks to be in really nice condition,i like how you still can read the advertisement.That is a really nice find is it a early 602?
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Great looking Project Mike! Now if it’s too cold and you don’t want to mess with it,,,I’ll gladly take it off your hands! 😂
windybob

Post by windybob »

Mike, Might not do another really soon. My Ideal harvest has just about run out, getting ready to fertilize and plant a few more for you. LOL
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

There has to be more Ideal Steel arround here , Faust Hardware was in business too many years and probably solld lots of those mills , I just need to keep looking , LOTS of Aermotor in New Braunfels including the lattice water pump pictured in the windmill calendar , so , still searching for another hidden gem . :roll:
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

HMMM this is twice now!!!
Centex Windmills

Post by Centex Windmills »

mtblah wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:57 pm There has to be more Ideal Steel arround here , Faust Hardware was in business too many years and probably solld lots of those mills , I just need to keep looking , LOTS of Aermotor in New Braunfels including the lattice water pump pictured in the windmill calendar , so , still searching for another hidden gem . :roll:
There was one in Fredericksburg a few months ago I tried to get in amazing condition but I was beat by a antique shop just wanting the fan. The rest I was told was taken to the metal recycler tower and mill.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Brandon , ignorance runs deep and fast sometimes , one of us would gladly dissembled the tower to use again & extra motors to anchor the corner of the shop are always welcome .
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I told someone the people who run up the cost of windmills is women. When They see a wheel they want price is no object.