My 14' Power Aermotor

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Kenneth

Re: My 14' Power Aermotor

Post by Kenneth »

Burt,nice progress. That will be an awesome mill when it is finished. I believe there is an Aermotor power mill in Kendallville. See pic. It is over a building with something inside. It is the red building in the background of this pic.
IMG_20170616_080508.jpg
Kenneth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Good lookin' crop of windmills growing there ....
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Kenneth yes that is a power mill that runs a line shaft and equipment.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

Dan, is there a place on the Power Aermotor for me to look for an assembly date, like those on the hoops of "modern" Aermotors?

Can anyone tell me, is there anything like a "registry" of windmills? From what I've seen, there is a remarkable amount of information sharing and enthusiastic support by us "windmillers" and personally, I would love to be able to go to a list of Power Aermotor owners/operators and share restoration tips, photos, etc...Each windmill brand and model has its own characteristics and I can't help thinking that I'd like to talk to someone that is trying to do the same thing I am.

If such a list doesn't exist, I'll volunteer to be making an on-going list of Power Aermotors.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Burt i don't believe they stamped any of their open gear windmills.Between 1903 to 1905 is all I can help you with. There are other Aermoter power mills out there 12 and 16 ftrs. I don't know of any 14ftr but yours.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

I’ve seen the 14’ power mill in the 1901 price list. Not sure if that is when they started making the 14’ or not. At the onset and for the first decade or so, 12’ and 16’ were the only options as Dan relayed.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Michael i believe 1899 was Aermoters first 14ft power mill but the one Burt has i believe is the heavy duty model built between 1903-1905.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:13 pm Michael i believe 1899 was Aermoters first 14ft power mill but the one Burt has i believe is the heavy duty model built between 1903-1905.
Thanks
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

The info beneath the illustrations might help explain some things. But first, let me just say that I've been collecting windmill materials for many years, and as you all know, sometimes acquiring things that are rare takes a lot effort and/or a chunk of money. For the last couple of years, I've been collecting Power Aermotor stuff with the intention of cleaning up all of the images, etc. with photoshop and then publishing it all and charging enough to pay for printing. Normally, I'd happily share everything I have, but I just had a "stinker" that sells windmill parts/reprints on Ebay, copy my material and then sell it under HIS name with warnings not to copy HIS material!

Sorry to "mark up" these catalog pages, it's just for now; I do want to share them with everyone ASAP.... Stay tuned for when I print my Power Aermotor Brochure, I'll have some neat and rare stuff.

(and please, ALWAYS feel free to tell me when I'm out of line, or doing something wrong on a restoration; I can take it....)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

Thanks for the photo Kenneth, I'll look up their website to see if I can get additional info. Burt