My 14' Power Aermotor

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Re: My 14' Power Aermotor

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

That is pretty neat, have you ever posted pictures of your transition model on here? If you have, I don't think I saw them. Did the first hubs look like they did on the patent drawings and early parts list? Pretty light weight small castings? Thanks again
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

K.R.B. Apparently they must have had trouble with the original 88-89 model because in 1890 they had repair parts which was the furl swivel, the horizontal spring, and the Bell Hub and brake.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

I'm not sure how many people know that Dan (Windcatcher530 Dan) is the guy that was the original "barn-finder" of the Power Aermotor that I now own. From what I know, he had the thrill of opening King Tut's tomb and finding a VERY cool windmill....After Dan had it for awhile, a somewhat quirky (but REALLY talented) windmill-guy living at the end of the road in the Northwoods of Wisconsin had it: I bought it from him, and I'm keeping it a secret what I ended up paying. I cashed in some of my toys to do it, AND I have a wife that said, "go for it!" Besides, most of you know, that when a guy buys something that's really special, and then he continues to spend time and money to restore it and make it his own, the only thing he can do is to lie about it anyway.......so, I'm keeping quiet!

All of that said, I'm encouraging you all to ask Dan what it's like to experience a really cool barn find! (I know for a fact, that guy in Northern Wis. would be able to tell us some good stories, too!)
Burt
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Burt , your right about most of us spending "stupid" money for what we want , not need just want .
At 74 years old I wanted my R750/6 1974 BMW motor cycle , everyone my age needs a motorcycle that you invest too much $ into .
and Wayne , you were right , I did invest too much in the JD E engine !
Happy New Year ALL
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Mike I'm trying to forget I told you so. Ha-Ha
Windcatcher530 Dan

Well Burt thank you for the reconditioned but it really wasn't necessary.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Dan , not only talented , but also modest .
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

Here's the latest bit of progress; We're getting the 3D printer gears pretty close and then will "fine tune" everything when all of the prototype (plastic) gears are made and assembled. As you can see, there is extra material on the replacement gear for hobbing and fitting.(It seems strange to see the full teeth on the white one compared to the ground-down and broken ones on the original!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Burt , thats pretty work .
Windcatcher530 Dan

Thanks Burt I'm glad to see it's coming back to life. Dan!!!