Eclipse

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Peter vk

Eclipse

Post by Peter vk »

Hi everyone, I'm working on a 10ft Eclipse mill. Anybody got the length of the two pipes and brace rods for the tail, also does that cast part in the first picture go in the front or middle of the tail? The parts I got are welded together, I'm not sure if it's the right length.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Re: Eclipse

Post by Wayne »

Peter I'll look at mine this morning. I do know there is a big rod and a small rod. They aren't the same dia and length,
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Peter the clamp goes on the front cross piece. There is a 1 inch by 1/4 strap at the back cross piece. It is formed in such a way so the the end of the rod which has a 1/4 inch slit in it can slide over it. Half on top of the strap and half under. If you need a picture let me know. The 3/8 rod is 63 3/4 and the 1/2 inch rod is 65 1/2 . Of course they are both threaded on the end away from the eye lit. I forget which rod comes from the top and which rod comes from the side. I'm thinking the holes in the head may be different sizes. I didn't go look at my head. They are outside and it is cold and rainy here.
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Wayne, I think I know what you mean with the back piece, mine is just round and goes around the pipe, it's probably home made. I measured my rods and they're pretty much the same length as yours. If I go like that it will make the hole length from the center of the mill to the end of the tail over 12ft long. If you can post a picture of yours that would be great, thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Ok Peter I'll measure the bone also.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

image000000(189).jpg
Peter so I took so long to get back to you with this picture. Also the pipe is 10 ft long.
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Perfect, thanks Wayne
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Hi everyone, I finished my Eclipse. I can't decide what colour to paint the wood so for now I'm leaving it the way it is. I'm not really a fan of the cow paddy green color.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Outstanding job. Looks great
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Nice job Peter who was the manufacturer of your eclipse ?