Eclipse

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Re: Eclipse

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

It looks good!
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Thanks guys!
Dan, I'm assuming it's Fairbanks Mors. I got this mill from Lubbock on trade for rebulding the GSM Steel King for them.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Fairbanks Morse was the most common so it probably is. I was wondering if it might be a Eclipse Wind Engine Mill.
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

So what's different on the Wind Engine one? It's marked Eclipse on the weight if that means anything.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

The tailvane would have said Eclipse Wind Engine and I'm guessing the part numbers were different. The tailvane on the Eclipse Wind Mill Co was shaped different I'm not sure if it was on the Eclipse Wind Engine Co.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Your usual high quality craftsmenship ! I am supprised no white stuff on the ground ,
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

White stuff is gone but this was a couple of weeks ago, yuck!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Icecicles hanging are impressive and dangerous when they fall
great photos , thanks for sharing .
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

After the patent ended for Fairbanks there were nine manufactures that made copies of the Eclipse. One being the Axtell Standard built in Ft. Worth, Texas. They made the Axtells with the same part numbers so if you had an Eclipse they could sale you spare parts. The only difference was the vane weight has Standard on it and the Axtell was white with red tips. Some manufactures didn't put any name on the weights.
Peter vk

Post by Peter vk »

Wayne wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:44 am After the patent ended for Fairbanks there were nine manufactures that made copies of the Eclipse. One being the Axtell Standard built in Ft. Worth, Texas. They made the Axtells with the same part numbers so if you had an Eclipse they could sale you spare parts. The only difference was the vane weight has Standard on it and the Axtell was white with red tips. Some manufactures didn't put any name on the weights.
Thanks for the info Wayne, My weight has Eclipe on it but maybe it's not original to my mill. My mill was all apart in pails when I got it.