Rattle snake festival

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
windybob

Re: Rattle snake festival

Post by windybob »

I hear you on the wasp nests! Especially in the tower crown where you don't see them untill you're face to face with them.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Around here the wasp build in the Mesquite trees. Came face to face with a nest while mowing on my H Farmall, Bent that limb and flung them across the way and some how didn't get stung. Did get stung while cutting limbs with my chain saw. Thank goodness they only sent one down not the whole tribe.
windybob

Post by windybob »

A few years ago, the black widows were terribly bad here. Had to watch the brush, fences, and nests even halfway up tower legs. It's always something.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Yes, about 5 years ago they were bad here also, I was doing a lot of painting and in the evenings I would open the shop doors to air it out, the light would draw them in and the next morning I would find them under tool boxes and around junk on the floor, learned to keep the office door closed, not fun to be typing on the computer and hear one of them! If you ever wonder why there is birdshot damage at the base of my walls, now you know!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I didn't know you could hear a spider? I have a lot of spiders at my place. Not Black Widows, They look kinda like Grand Daddy long legs but aren't quit as big. I have to go around every so often sweeping down webs.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Wayne, everything's bigger in Kansas. lol
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks Windy! I'll keep that in mind.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I noticed one of my pet spiders had caught a scorpion. He's earned himself a spot for awhile longer. It's the second spider that has caught a scorpion. I set in my chair and watched the first one duel with the scorpion until he finally was able to give the death bite then he cut of the tail off the rest of him up the wall about 16 inches. Nature at work.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Wayne , i again credit you with being smarter than I am ! You just sitting and watching nature at its best .
Most of us toooo busy to just "sit "
Mike B
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Ummm this is outside right.