Rattle snake festival

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Rattle snake festival

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I saw a travelscope serious on TV about a rattle snake festival they hold in Sweetwater Texas every year.They gather up a bunch of venomous deadly rattle snakes to see and pet and extract venomous fluid from them. Sounds like a normal fun day to me.
Jim Corcoran

Re: Rattle snake festival

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Don't forget about the one in my home town. I believe this is the 58th year it's been held.

327275663_900389264315232_252319202443589827_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
Windcatcher530 Dan

Jim i should have known there would be another town that held a " Pet your friendly venomous deadly rattle snake festival".
windybob

Post by windybob »

They are here in Okeene Oklahoma every year. Never been to one personally. Don't know why. What could possibly go wrong......
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

What could possibly go wrong......
Last year in Freer, one of the handlers was bitten and died.
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I'll stay home and read about it in the safety of my chair.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

which is more dangerous ? playing with rattle snakes or climbing windmill towers ?
windybob

Post by windybob »

As soon as I get done skydiving, and swimming with the sharks, and handling box jellyfish, I'll let you know the answer. Don't hold your breath.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

I'll make sure it's at the top of my list of things to do if I visit Texas. So write the date down for me Jim on a "ICECUBE"
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

I’m not messing with a rattle snake other than potentially killing a rattle snake with a shotgun. Luckily there are no rattle snakes in my area…Copperheads and water moccasins, yes. Given the choice of climbing a windmill tower taller than say 33’, I’d almost want to flip a coin and take my chances of knowingly encountering a rattle snake in a controlled setting where my shotgun is handy. What gets my pulse up is climbing a windmill tower and coming face to face with a fist sized or larger red wasp or Yellowjacket nest.