Found some blades

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of wind generator you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Mike Hage

Found some blades

Post by Mike Hage »

20230520_112917.jpg
20230520_112848.jpg

Found these blades at an antique store today. The fellow thought they were off a helicopter! BAHAHAHAHA!! Im not sure but Im thinking maybe Jacob's?? The wood is pretty nice. No chunks missing. They would finish up beautiful. He wants $300 cad? Thoughts... too much? One of the cast brackets is broken.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Re: Found some blades

Post by mtblah »

Mike , what are those long blue things next to the blades with all the mechanical hardware attached to them ?
we dont ever see anything like that here in south Texas . :roll:
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

Those might be helicopter blades lol
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

They are Jacobs and in pretty nice original condition from what I can see. I may have an extra mounting bracket. Price is fair to someone needing them. You just need to find the rest if the machine.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

MTBLAH those are known as idiot sticks !!!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

OH , so thats why we dont see them down here ! Has nothing to do with the fact we dont get that white stuff falling from the sky . WEll , not very often . Snowed in Corpus Christi one in one hundred years . shocking !!!