Baker Monitor Power Mill

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
hwy8

Baker Monitor Power Mill

Post by hwy8 »

In Hastings, MN there's a family of well-drillers and house-movers that opens their collection to the public once a year: Historic buildings, engines, tractors, windmills, and truckloads of all kinds of interesting stuff draw a few thousand people over a three day weekend. There's an Aermotor Power Mill, a tipping tower, a double windmill, a twenty foot Aermotor, a big railroad Eclipse, etc. etc. Good food, demonstrations, campgrounds, flea-market, and a pretty well stocked Aermotor parts factory just down the road in Menomonie, Wis. ("Little Log House Village" might be a good candidate for a future Windmiller's Trade Fair...)

Just in case no one has seen a Baker power mill, here's a couple of pictures:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Baker Monitor Power Mill

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Very interesting thanks for the pics Burt !!!
windybob

Post by windybob »

Yes, Thanks a bunch!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Burt , where in Menominee is this Aermotor parts factory ? This month we are "summering " 45 miles north on the shores of Lake Nichigan .
I have never heard of any Aermotor parts stuff this far north !
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

Mike, Wrong Menomonie! The one that I'm talking about is spelled differently and near Eau Claire, WI which is about 40+ miles east of St. Paul, MN. Justin Eckle (a member of this forum and Face Book, etc) is the owner. I've found him to be a pleasure to do business with and if something isn't quite right, he has made sure to take care of things. Maybe you'll have good luck looking around that part of Wisconsin: Resorts are big around there and you might find an early machine with a tank built into the tower. Us guys up here in the Northland have been hauling home a bunch of machines from Texas, maybe you'll find something good to take back home with you!
Burt
Stillwater, MN
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Ralph had an Elgin power mill in his collection. Wonder were it ended up?
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

The sad story about this Baker power mill is they put the original wood with original paint that was in good shape (when found) outside and let it deteriorate 20-30 years ago. It was definitely a museum piece that was not preserved as much as it could have been with better care. At least the mill was found and saved from scrap.