Aermotor 702 rebuild in The Netherlands

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Arj

Aermotor 702 rebuild in The Netherlands

Post by Arj »

Hello everyone,

I just found this board so let introduce myself a bit.

I living in the Netherlands, yes, thats on the other side of the ocean.

A couple years ago i bought a classic Ford pickup in the USA and in the surrounding there was an old windmill for sale, made an offer and we can pick it up and ship it over with the car and some other parts to Europe.

The idea was to use the windmill as a decoration item in the yard.

The mill lays a couple years in the barn until last winter, i had some time off and start to take it apart.
It was totally frozen, use lots of penetrating oil and heat to get it loose.

The mill is complete but the wheel hub is broken, maybe we can weld it,

Parts are not available in my country, Earmotor style mills are never sold here.

So the idea is to convert it to normal ball bearings with not touching original parts.

I did some searching on the web but cant find much information, luckely i found this board!

i try to post some photos
Arj

Re: Aermotor 702 rebuild in The Netherlands

Post by Arj »

mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Arjan , thank you for finding the best windmill web site in the world . There are quite a few VERY knowledgable "old " windmillers who can answer almost any question about anything , windmill related . Look at the top of the loop , there should be a flat spot ground with a the production date stamped 6/45 for example June 1945
You can buy any and all parts for your 8 ft Aermotor and they will will ship directly to you . The factory is located in San Angelo Texas a litte west of my location .
Aermotor windmills co, aermotor.com is the website , look under parts , every thing is listed there , including the replaceable babbett bearings .
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
Arj

Post by Arj »

Thank you for your reply.

Very nice thats everything is available.

The only problem is that shipping to my country is very expensive, when i ship a wheel hub it will cost 250 usd to ship it