Hello and help from central Wisconsin ( sears roebuck)

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Mike54703

Hello and help from central Wisconsin ( sears roebuck)

Post by Mike54703 »

Mike central Wisconsin found a old sears roebuck windmill. I am having trouble finding some parts it looking like all the bearing are gone. And one of the gears is in pretty rough shape. I am going to try and weld it but there is a lot off cracks. And broke in half. Looking for any information on it. It was a disaster taking down 4 post tower is now scrap iron. But going to try and mount it on a 3 post tower o have that's in great shape. Hopefully I can make it work but any advice or info or comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ps I'm try to get it up for a old gentleman that I take care of / second dad. he's always want a windmill in his yard. His health isn't always the greatest so hoping to get up this fall yet.
CTXmiller

Re: Hello and help from central Wisconsin ( sears roebuck)

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome to the forum.

You might post a photo as Sears sold a variety of different manufacturers windmills over the years.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Yes. Do that. Some of the brands they sold are still fairly common today. So parts may be better replaced than repaired.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Yes pics would be a great help there were 8 different manufacturers who made windmills for Sears and Roebuck Co.