Woodmanse steel back gear.

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
mtblah

Re: Woodmanse steel back gear.

Post by mtblah »

Thomas , that is an amazing find , the pin is still in your mill oil resevor lip ,and a little clean-up , and it just keeps getting better !
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

topcop491 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:54 am IMG_0170.jpegIMG_0171.jpegI have a woodmanse oil reservoir cover, if you want it.
Yes that would be great!
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

Since I found remains of white paint on it, I decided to repaint it white. Actual color used was Rust-Oleum "ivory" since white these days is a more blinding white compared to way back when.

I also went out to see Jim Collums today for something else and I decided once I finish the woodmanse I'll donate it to his museum in Pleasanton
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

lookin' good !
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

They will need to build another building or extend the one they have.
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

He said he was wanting to have that done. But it could always go outside to be a spinner aswell! We'll see, plans may change. I've still got a little ways to go in it. Haven't started on the wheel yet. After this one is gone though I'd like to find another woodmanse, either a mogul or a 6ft one with wood bearing like the one you have Wayne.