B602

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
mtblah

Re: B602

Post by mtblah »

Michael , on my A702 I pushed the 2 pins out and used a small block of wood & heavy hammer to "press " upward , easy enough on my rebuild .
That rebuild has been several years now , she is up and spinning still . As i gain a little more experience & knowledge from Windy I am also starting to use McMaster brass bushings , sure will last longer , but , not near as exciting than pouring hot babbitt !
windybob

Post by windybob »

Now that's interesting Mike. I'm trying to figure out when I mentioned using brass bushings in an Aermotor......??

I would check the hoop when the mainshaft is in. Not sure if the case in that are is good for checking the hoop. You could heat and bend. That would be easier than cold bending. Or take it out and lay it on a flat surface. Make sure it goes in the right way or the helmet really wont fit then.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Thank you for the replies.

The hoop removal was smooth.
IMG_9795.jpeg

A little heat and a hydraulic press got the hoop straightened to my liking.

IMG_9788.jpeg

While I have the hoop off, I’m still pondering which yoke (the flipper yoke or the oil ring) to use. It isn’t going to be a pumper so I’m leaning towards the flipper.

IMG_9790.jpeg

The guide wheel that was on this B602 is perfect, but there is no way it could be used with an oil ring yoke. The point on the oil ring yoke would need a good trim to work with this guide wheel as I presume it is a little wider than later guide wheels. I don’t have another “B” guide wheel to compare it to, but I’m considering switching out the guide wheel to where I could switch out yokes later on. Anyone ever notice a difference in early guide wheels and the later ones? Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.