X702

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
RPinAZ

X702

Post by RPinAZ »

Finally finished, well almost finished my X702 project. Its a spinner for now. I'm kind of limited on room, so I made 12' tower for it. At some point, I'll add the pump rod and I was thinking about making a pump that resembles a well head that will recycle water from the bottom of a trough to the top of it. I'm going to have to relocate the furl lever - the tower is so small the lever will hit the pump rod. Thinking about making a bracket that allows me to install the lever parallel to the side of the tower rather than diagonally as is normally done.

-RP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTXmiller

Re: X702

Post by CTXmiller »

Looks very nice.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Congratulations RP! Looks great! Persistence pays off.
PaulV
windybob

Post by windybob »

Looks good. If it leaks oil down the pumprod opening in the head, braze a cover over the mastpipe nut and put that one on. I needed to do that, because I don't have a pumprod in my yard ornament either.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Very nice Robert that looks like a challenge tower you stubbed. My X602 circulates water from a small frog pond and back into it.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Good job !
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Very nice!!
RPinAZ

Post by RPinAZ »

Thanks guys. Now on to the next one.

-RP
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

If you are tight on room for a brake handle, find one of those pull out cranks. It would be easier to use even tho you like to build stuff. Proper placement is one of the two corner angles on the opposite side of the tower from the furl lever. This keeps it out of the way of the fan and pump rod.

Good job on making the tower. No manufacturer ever made miter cuts on the girts that tight and precise. It might have been a challenge to make but doesn't quite pass for a Challenge at second glance...

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO