I am diving into wind generators

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

I am diving into wind generators

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Well, several years ago I picked up a vane and broken tail hinge from my Great Grandfather s farm I had been looking for a generator to go with it and ended up with these two, the same hinge and one vane like my first but two different generators running off the gear box. The family one said 32volt but the new one is too rusty to read. Obviously they are Wincharger but that is all I know. Anyone want to enlighten me? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: I am diving into wind generators

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

That is really cool Aaron i wish I could help you out but I don't find many windchargers up here. I'm sure Mike can help you. Good luck.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Mike Werst in Manor TX is the guru of wind electric machines , he and several others willingly share the info you are looking for .
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Hard to tell the exact models you have but they both appear to be 32v. Wincharger made many different models with that gearbox ranging from 850 to 1200W. The 4 bolt prop hubs would have been the higher wattage and a 12’ prop. 10’ prop was common for the 2 bolt hub. The rule of thumb of needing 3 machines to make 1 good one seems to apply to old wind gens…you’re on the right path. I have lots of donor machines if you need parts. Drop by when you’re in central Texas or I can bring parts to the next trade fair.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Thank you very much, still trying to figure out what I got for sure.