Needed information

Share and discuss your vintage wind generator related projects.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Needed information

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I picked this up a few years back what I believe is a wincharger.Im not interested in getting it to produce electric cause I'm sure there's to many parts missing.My thought was to mount it on top of a 20ft FW tower if possible. I'm assuming the tailbone was angle iron and plan on making it and tailvane. My questions are did this have a ballbearing turntable and what it looks like also what the hub looks like. Thanks for any help and pics. I would love to see it spinning !!
20231220_163933.jpg
20231220_163920.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Needed information

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Hey Dan, looks like a model 1222H. Below is a link to where you can download the manual which has parts diagrams. Those did have a ball bearing thrust bearing. I also had a recent post (for sale category) with pics of a NOS one of these that may also be useful.

https://vintagewindmillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=234
Windcatcher530 Dan

Hey Mike thanks for the info very helpful. Would you happen to have a spare Hub laying around you would like to sell?
Wind Charger Mike

The hub usually refers to the part the fits on the end of the generator shaft and connects to the propeller. Since you have that part are you talking about the pivot connection to the tower?
Windcatcher530 Dan

I need the piece or pieces that bolt on my hub that the brake goes against and the propellers bolt on too
Wind Charger Mike

You need the 10” brake drum. I checked last night and don’t currently have any not affiliated with a complete machine. The 10” are less common than the 8” brake drums used on the 6V and many 32V geared Winchargers. I’ll keep an eye out for you.
Btw the 8” brake drum is same as the model t emergency brake, just a different hole pattern. It’s likely that the 10” may be the same from an early Ford truck….haven’t figured out which model yet.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Thanks Mike !
windybob

Post by windybob »

Now that's interesting!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.