Here is an odd one

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Here is an odd one

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I was looking through family pictures over the holidays, found this one of my grandmother, what in the world is that wind generator behind her? It is in SW Kansas mid to late 30s. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Here is an odd one

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Interesting photo…Is it a whirligig attached to the car? Doesn’t appear to have enough structure to be a wind gen in the distance. I regret not asking my grandparents more questions.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I agree Mike. If you do Genealogy, the one regret most of us have is we didn't start sooner. I was the youngest in the family. My Grandparents were long gone before I thought about asking questions. I like the photo!
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

Although cars sometimes had after-market, whirling, prop-powered, attention-getters, I think it is behind the car: If you look at the corner of the house, it looks like it is beyond that a bit. My guess is that it is something the local handyman/blacksmith made. The silhouette of the generator part is similar to the shape of generators on Delco (and many other) light plants.

Burt
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I go one great uncle left alive that might know for sure so I will let you guys know what I find. Thanks