Diverter cup

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
CTXmiller

Diverter cup

Post by CTXmiller »

Any chance this is an Aermotor diverter cup with the A102 casting? I only took a photo of the bottom of it, but could take additional photos tomorrow. I don’t see a 102 on any Aermotor parts list that I have and I know an “A” is generally associated with 8’.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Diverter cup

Post by windybob »

I wonder if that would be on a tower, or mill parts list....
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I checked my litterateur this is all I could find.
20231231_125528_Burst01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

It is probably not then, looking at what you posted. I’m still curious what an Aermotor part # 102 actually was. Thank you.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Michael , if your snout bowl has threaded outlet I would say it is an Aermotor , your photo & catalogue appear the same .
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

My first glance at the casting number.did not look like Aermotor because of the style type and font of the casting. I have 4 catalogs with the casting number of 233 on spout cup

20240102_220926.jpg

A prefixes on aermotor parts were only for the 8 motors. Pump parts had a p and tower parts had a t. There was never any 8 foot motor part in open gear or oil Bath that was 102. 101 was the closest being a sale rib and then a jumped to over 110. I have a special catalog of pipe and fittings by aermotor but it is not in there

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Thank you