transporting

Discuss your favorite or preferred method of shipping windmill and wind generator related items.
mtblah

transporting

Post by mtblah »

last fall a couple of guys were discussing shipping / transporting windmill parts from Texas to Minnesota , we are leaving South TX the week after July 4th , ( I make the yearly local parade just like the last 50+ years ), should take about a week to make it to the U P of Michigan .
Any one need any thing transported ?
Mike B
Mew Braunfels TX
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: transporting

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Wish you were heading to NY Mike. I have a bunch of windmill parts in Texas i need shipped up here.I used to use Fastenal but they don't do it no more.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Fastenal has changed dramaticly in the ast few years , not the company they were . Time to use McMaster Carr , much better .
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

On Smokstak people keep talking about they could ship engines using Fastenall. Maybe they just haven't really tried to ship something using them lately.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I used to ship mill heads with Fastenal. That was a few years ago. I would be disapointed if they don't do it any more.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Windcatcher530 Dan wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:22 pm Wish you were heading to NY Mike. I have a bunch of windmill parts in Texas i need shipped up here.I used to use Fastenal but they don't do it no more.
Dan,
Have you ever used uShip.com? I've used them numerous times over the years with really good service and prices. You post what you want shipped along with pick up and delivery locations, and folks traveling that route (or near to it) will bid on the job.
Jim
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
windybob

Post by windybob »

Maybe there can be a section here for shipping info, and help. Or ideas. It can really choke a person up to write a check to UPS or Fedex. Any other help maybe can help people afford shipping to get their mill heads worked on.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

windybob wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:36 am Maybe there can be a section here for shipping info, and help. Or ideas. It can really choke a person up to write a check to UPS or Fedex. Any other help maybe can help people afford shipping to get their mill heads worked on.
We can do this. Any ideas on how this section would be structured?
PaulV
windybob

Post by windybob »

Shipping items? Transportation help/advice? cross Country shipping? Heavy item shipping help?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Can start with uShip.com and add to it as people respond.