Magnolia Gas Station

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Magnolia Gas Station

Post by Wayne »

Corsicana Texas was the home for the beginning of Magnolia oil. We have an old Magnolia Station at our Pioneer Village. I beautifyed a bulk oiler that came out of a Magnolia station owned by an Uncle of the man who donated it. After I posted it on Smokstak someone posted the picture of the station selling BBQ. Ours is the colored picture and a picture of the the bulk oiler. I just know the BBQ place had to have been in Rural Texas some where. We will be hanging the picture of the BBQ place on the wall of our station.
image000000(266).jpg
image000001(124).jpg
Magnolia Gas Station.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Re: Magnolia Gas Station

Post by mtblah »

Wayne , is that you on the far left ?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Did the magnolia oil stations evolve into the Rudy's BBQ & gas station chain that I have visited in the El Paso area? In my opinion, they have the best BBQ.
Gregg
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Central / South Texas does the best BBQ in America , Rudy's started in the San Antonio area , but , there are even better pit-masters with better products .
Just my opinion and i'm sticking to it .
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I agree Mike. My way of thinking is, BBQ has to be really bad to not be good. Read in the DMN about a place in Ft. Worth making vegan BBQ. I'm blessed with a pit around the corner from me that turns out pretty good BBQ. They don't cook often, but when they do they text me and I take my $20 and bring home supper for a couple of days.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Here are pictures of my 2 Magnolia oil lease signs.

Had lunch at Coopers in Llano on my trip to Georgetown last October. they would be pretty high on my list of favorites
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Jeff , your right , Coopers is way high up on the short list !!!
TdcJD

Post by TdcJD »

Agreed on Coopers. One of my favorites. City Market in Luling is also pretty high up there for me.
RPinAZ

Post by RPinAZ »

Cleaned it up a little. Don't know if this helps.
-RP