What Woodmanse is this?

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
DennisT

What Woodmanse is this?

Post by DennisT »

Got a look at this today. Do not know it's future. Sure looks Woodmanse to me, but I'm un-schooled in their, 'Open Gear' models. Were all Woodmanse mills that looked like this the same model except for size????? (i.e. 8-foot, 10-foot, etc.) Or were there variations where each had a slightly different model name. Can anyone figure the size from these few photos??? See anything missing except the complete fan? Thanks, Dennis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TdcJD

Re: What Woodmanse is this?

Post by TdcJD »

Looks pretty much the same as the one I have. Mine is an 8 foot. If you have the tail, measure it's length. I think that should give you an idea on what size its supposed to be. Also the number of wheel spokes. Yours has the same amount as mine
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

In some places I've seen them called the Woodmanse Steel. They also made a Mogul. It was a heavy duty mill. IT's at least an 8 ft. MY 61/2 ft only has 5 arms.
DennisT

Post by DennisT »

Thank you both. Dan Benjamin confirmed this is a 10-foot. He says, "500 series," which I don't understand..........yet. I have to guess parts for an 8-foot and a 10-foot will not interchange. And, Wayne, I had forgotten about the Mogul. That was a brute, I think. The mill I pictured is not mine, but it is in the family and, right now, hard to get to. But it's inside and has been for years. Now I just have to learn more.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

U have a Woodmanse vane for a 10 ft. It's nice. To bad you are so far away.
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

By 500 series he just means the part numbers start with the number 5. That designates size.