New member in New Zealand

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
louisjoseph

New member in New Zealand

Post by louisjoseph »

Hi. I am writing from Christchurch in the south island of New Zealand. I have recently bought a Flint and Walling Model 7, 6 foot windmill that I am keen to get running again. The wheel and vane are intact and in good condition but the gearbox came as a box of parts. I found a parts list online and most of what I need seems to be there. However, I have no idea how everything should fit together or what the completed gearbox should look like.

What I really need is an illustrated assembly diagram or perhaps a repair manual. Does anyone know if this type of publication for a F&W Model 7 exists? All help and suggestions would be gratefully rerceived.

Thank you. Michael.
PaulV
Site Admin

Re: New member in New Zealand

Post by PaulV »

Welcome Michael. Glad you're here. Lots of knowledgeable folks here to help. I see that you've also posted this in the Projects section, so we'll continue the discussion there.
PaulV
windybob

Post by windybob »

I don't think I have one of those, however I do have an original Star open gear, and another F/W open gear, but I don't remember which one. Need to check to see if a #7 is an open gear, or oiler.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

The #7 is the next mill after the steel star its an open gear with few upgrades from the steel star.