Eclpise Country

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Eclpise Country

Post by Wayne »

It's not looking good for the Eclipse viewers this morning unless some of the cloud cover burns off by 1 PM. I had our Pioneer Village open yesterday and as I was thinking of going home about 2:30 a family from Panama City Florida showed up. It will be their second Eclipse if they get to see it today. They went to Kentucky in 2017. :(
mtblah

Re: Eclpise Country

Post by mtblah »

we watched the eclipse yesterday from the farm in Florence TX . intermittent clouds , but when it cleared , wow , that was cool !
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Awesome! It kinda unique to watch the wispy clouds go across the sun and moon during the eclipse. I put a tarp on the grass, got my pillow and enjoyed the show. Didn't get as dark as they talked like it would. Still you could see stars and you had to take the glasses off to se the covered sun. Don't know I'd spend hundreds of dollars and drive hundreds of miles to watch another. Then there are people that would, but wouldn't spend hundreds of dollars and drive hundreds of miles for a Windmill Trade Fair. We all know what our priorities are. I had never looked at the sun with the special viewing glasses before that was kinda eye opening. Just a yellow dot way up in the sky.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thought I'd post these two pictures my nephews wife took of the eclipse. I think the one with the solar flares is really neat.
image000000(270).jpg
image000001(126).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Each one of the flares is larger than the entire earth.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Neat photos
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Did anyone get a photo of the eclipse behind their windmill ? it would make a marvelous calendar page ! Mike B
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The size of the universe is amazing. When you look at the sun through the glasses and it is just a small orange dot way up in the sky it wasn't what I thought I'd see.