Degreaser

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
windybob

Re: Degreaser

Post by windybob »

I had one like yours one time. Went up the tower, to check the oil, and it was full........of gun grease. Only one I ever saw like that, altho someone had put a grease zerk inside an Aermotor hub one time. LOL
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

Several months ago I bought a 14' Southern Cross that was COMPLETELY filled with grease and then I COMPLETELY underestimated the amount of time it would take to clean it out. With two rolls of paper towels, a garbage bag of clean rags, a putty knife, and close to six miserable hours, I got things cleaned up enough to fill it with mineral spirits and then spent a few sessions using various shaped brushes (toilet brush to toothbrush) to "wash" it out. I filled two-one gallon paint cans with especially gummy grease and now it's finally back to clean. AND, just as importantly, every doorknob in the house is finally grease-free!

(I vote for unscented mineral spirits and it's all I use in my parts washer. Plus, badly dented cans sell for half-price at Lowes and Home Depot)

Burt
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Tha nks for making me smile this morning ! I can only imagine the MESS all that grease made , & frustration removing , i smile because I have not had that pleasue yet .
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Regarding parts cleaner.
I switched from mineral spirits from Home Depot & Lowes to PSC 1000 from Tractor Supply. The cost is less and works very well