Model 611

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
Windpower

Model 611

Post by Windpower »

Does anyone know what years the model 611 wind charger were made or is there a serial number list thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Model 611

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

The 611 was introduced in about 1940 and I’d guess mfg through the 40s. It’s easily recognized by the two screws holding the field poles to the case, in the event the tag is missing. Wincharger made around 20 different 6v models. It was the first 6v model to use an Auto-Lite generator. Prior models were Delco Remi or a Wincharger made generator. If you figure out how to correlate the Auto-Lite serial number to a year, I’d like to know.
Windpower

Post by Windpower »

Thanks for your help its appreciated it has the two screws that hold the field poles I have two screws on each side so there be 4 poles ?? It has a 6ft prop the serial number says 611 66522 any other info would be greatly appreciated like was the tail yellow or black and what color was generato and . Stand ect thanks¹
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Yes it’s a 4-pole shunt wound generator. Peak rated power of the 611 is 120W. It was pretty much all black with yellow lettering like the vane below. I liked a little more contrast so I did more yellow on a 611 I restored a few years ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windpower

Post by Windpower »

Thanks i am going to restore it will send pics of progress
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Musuem quality, thanks Mike