New member from Oregon

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Larry nelson

New member from Oregon

Post by Larry nelson »

I bought a 30 foot tower recently, it has a tag on it “ aremotor 60 made in Chicago Illinois
The steel frame is stamped with “Carnegie steel “
Pretty cool seeing the identifying marks, I am looking for more information about this tower, it is 10 foot at the base and 6 feet square at the top, the top has a 6 inch channel perimeter and is not what I would expect from a windmill tower unless I only have the lower half?
Or was it a water tower I don’t know.
Anyone have knowledge of this tower?
windybob

Re: New member from Oregon

Post by windybob »

Welcome Larry. Ron from Colorado is really smart on these things. Sounds like you have a partial tower.

I was born in Salem. Still have family there. Beautiful country!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Larry nelson

Post by Larry nelson »

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate the information.
I wasn’t thinking about a windmill when I bought the tower but finding the badge and stamped steel made me curious. I have always had a love of windmills.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I believe there are a couple of folks on the site here from the Pacific Northwest. You could have one if you wanted to have a interesting project.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a water tank tower.

Attached are photos of a water tank tower that was for sale in my general area a year or more back. Photos for comparison to yours. I don’t own this tower.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Larry nelson

Post by Larry nelson »

Here is a picture of the new tower
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fivepicker

Post by fivepicker »

Think it says CO (abbreviation for company) , rather than 60 , based on the C in Chicago .. ......maybe ....
windybob

Post by windybob »

That's quite the tower! Aermotor did make towers for the forest service, and utility towers.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

My guress is not a windmill tower , but for commercial , industral , water tank service . I agree with Windy , Just my thought .
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

On the plaque the C & G are interchangable , COpany & Chicago , same casting letter