Neat hand pumps

Well and cistern setup, repair, components (pumps, etc.), etc.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Neat hand pumps

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Picked up these two pumps at the flea market today. Tall ones a fairbury.
20241006_123423.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTull

Re: Neat hand pumps

Post by CTull »

Cool finds.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I have one that's like the Fairbury, but it's not a Fairbury. Does not have the bolt flange at the top, it has a different mounting. Otherwise, it's the same.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Bob i found that some windmill companies had other manufacturers make the pumps for them so it could be very well the same manufacturer made both pumps being they look alike!!!
windybob

Post by windybob »

Yes, there are many that are very similar. These particular ones have the wellpipe as the stem (or body) between the top and the bottom, which holds the wellpipe up. Shallow wells only. I don't think the bottom piece holds the drop pipe very well. I can see many wells that used to have these type pumps off to the side in the dirt, from failing to properly hold the weight of the pipe. Would b e much better to have a shorter nipple in the bottom with a collar on top of the lower part for well insurance.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.