Any Marseilles Windmills in collections?

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
rocar-ks

Re: Any Marseilles Windmills in collections?

Post by rocar-ks »

Kansas rust buzzard would it be possible to share your family pics with us here? I am sure others would enjoy them as well. We have discussed steam before.
Thanks
Rod
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Sure, I will have to do some digging, I got everything, sometimes I just don't know where it is, LOL
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Talking about steam a guy in North Dakota spent 1.5 million and 4 years building a 150 HP Case Steam Traction Engine. There were supposedly only 9 built. Nun left. There were called a Steam locomotive because it was only used to pull heavy loads down road. The story was in the Dec issue of Farm Collector Mag if you want to see the story.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Harvest FRm Clifton 001.jpg
Hay stack Clifton 001.jpg
[attachment=0] Here are a couple of shots of a threshing group taken in Bosque Co Tx. I was impressed by the size of the hay stack.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Terry

Post by Terry »

here is the link for that steam locomotive.
https://www.farmcollector.com/steam-eng ... z18deczhur
That was a big project to build that engine.
Terry
rocar-ks

Post by rocar-ks »

There were some seriously heavy wallets and talent involved with the 150 Case project.
Rod
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Attached photos of my grandpa's threshing outfit in 1916. I do not know what the thresher was in this picture as it is pretty well hidden by the oat straw pile. My understanding is that he sold his 1/3 interest in the local FORD garage to buy out my great grandfather on the thresher. Sometime after this he started his windmill business and did both up into the late 1940's. I have one of his notebooks that showed he was charging 2 cents a bushel to thresh oats in 1939 & 1940. His last thresher was a "Red River Special".
L.R. Anderson Machine.jpg
IMG_20190115_153131 (3).jpg
My grandpa standing behind steam engine and my great grandpa sitting on steam engine.

Gregg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Great picture and to know its Grandpa and Great Grandpa makes it that much better. I said 4 years to build the 150 but after looking at the story again it was 7 years and 15,000 man hours. plus 3500 hrs engineering.
Smax

Post by Smax »

Great photos thanks for sharing
windmillerman

Post by windmillerman »

here is some answer.....