Please help me Identify this old wind generator

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of wind generator you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
matfox

Please help me Identify this old wind generator

Post by matfox »

Good morning all, i have acquired this beefy looking wind generator. It has no markings on it to tell me what the make or model is, it has aluminium blades that are 1400mm long each and a mechanical variable pitch prop, just wondering if anyone out there can assist as I would like to get it up and working again, thanks in advance, I can supply more pics if required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Please help me Identify this old wind generator

Post by windybob »

I bet Windcharger Mike can help! I'm curious too.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
matfox

Post by matfox »

Here is another picture just to supply some scale and to see the mechanical variable pitch unit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matfox

Post by matfox »

this is a better picture of the prop mounting
matfox

Post by matfox »

windybob wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:52 pm I bet Windcharger Mike can help! I'm curious too.
Thanks mate it has got me stumped but I would love to get it up and working if i can
WisJim

Post by WisJim »

My guess is Dunlite, an Australian made machine. http://www.pearen.ca/dunlite/2kw/2507-B.pdf
matfox

Post by matfox »

WOW you guys are awesome I cant thank you enough, as in the pics it looks like someone had mounted the engine upside down. Dunlite F55 Wind Turbine 110V 5 Kilowatt I have attached the Manual I found for those interested. Now I can work out were all the bits go, so cool now to build a tower and get her up and operational
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

My question is Who or what controlled the variable pitch blades?
TipTop

Post by TipTop »

I have a Quirks Dunlite 32 volt with solid state control , turntable, aluminum blades. and tail, located on the KS / NE state line near Burr Oak, Ks. It has been inside 35 years since I have owned it. I'd have to check on it's wattage. Email for information: windpower4jp@ruraltel.net John Parsons
I have 2 10 kw Jacobs one has upgraded inverter , one blade needs a repair.
Time has used up my productive years-- hurry.