Thanks

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Gregg

Thanks

Post by Gregg »

Thanks Paul!! I know it is a lot of work, but it is appreciated by many.

Gregg
windmillerman

Re: Thanks

Post by windmillerman »

Thanks Paul, and Greg for text, eipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Very glad your here, Gregg and windmillerman!
PaulV
Dave Straub

Post by Dave Straub »

Glad to see someone step forward to continue the vintage windmill web site. I have been a frequent member to post on many subjects for years. Question.. Do you plan to bring in all the history of Brad's forum content or make it available?
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Thanks for being here Dave.

There are a couple of sites that I know of that preceded this one. It would be wonderful to have all of that old content archived and retrievable. That old content has been priceless to me over the years, and I'd prefer not to see it disappear.

Not sure what Brad (vintagewindmillparts.com) has planned for his site and site content. If there's no plans to resurrect it, and Brad would permit, I would be happy to archive the content of his site and make available here. Otherwise, I hope it will be back up and running in the future.

I've come across another old message board, "vintagewindmills.com/VintageDiscussion". Not sure how much content is still available, but I'd like to aggregate what content as well...if given permission.
PaulV
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Paul,

Thank you for creating this forum.

Michael
Minnemiller

Post by Minnemiller »

Yes, thank you Paul.

Hope everything is OK with Brad.

Minnemiller
Brad Anthenat

Post by Brad Anthenat »

PaulV wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:09 pm
There are a couple of sites that I know of that preceded this one. It would be wonderful to have all of that old content archived and retrievable. That old content has been priceless to me over the years, and I'd prefer not to see it disappear.

Not sure what Brad (vintagewindmillparts.com) has planned for his site and site content. If there's no plans to resurrect it, and Brad would permit, I would be happy to archive the content of his site and make available here. Otherwise, I hope it will be back up and running in the future.
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.- Mark Twain

A lot has happened over the last day, weeks, months and years. But I am happy to report that we are getting the band back together (Jake Blues)...or at least the old forum.

Paul probably didn't realize when he hoped the vintagewindmillparts.com would be back up and running in the future that those plans might include him. I contacted him yesterday and we had a great discussion. With his help and insight we are in the process of trying to make that happen.

There are several steps that still need to happen, but to clarify, the old data and board info is still there. You can still see it, but the problem still persists of once you log in you are immediately kicked out. Im working to get the data base size increased so that doesn't happen anymore. Then long term Paul is willing to help me get the board software updated, which will fix the problem of spammers and new user log-ins. Then really long term I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Timeline? Im hoping that between Christmas and NYs we should be back up and running.

Thanks again to Paul, without his input and professionalism none of this would be happening.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

That's great Brad. Glad all is well.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Brad & Paul, that is great news!! Thanks to both of you for the hard work put forward on this. Now.......if someone could figure out how to link the info from Bill Cherry's original site........ there was a lot of information there from a lot of windmillers who are no longer with us.

That's all I want for Christmas......
Gregg