A two-fer

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Gregg

A two-fer

Post by Gregg »

Yesterday, I was taking a picture of the corn, with the tractor for perspective to send to my son to show him how tall the corn is. Around here the old saying was knee-high by the 4th. On the 4th I couldn't even reach the top of the corn. It wasn't until after I took the picture that I noticed the shadow from the windmill. I thought it was a neat picture and wanted to share.
Gregg
20200712_185332 (3).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Les Jacox

Re: A two-fer

Post by Les Jacox »

Hey, is that a honeybee on the front of the tractor? Cool pic.
Les Jacox
Garland, NE
Smax

Post by Smax »

Neat photo
spring hill bill

Post by spring hill bill »

Nice
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Knee high was the saying around here year's ago also. Now days we are tasseling by the 4th. This year we had a cool and wet spring and you had to look very close to see it was just starting to tassel on the 4th. Nice picture of the corn the old 50 JD and the windmill in the back ground. I have my FIL 1950 Model JD A that he bought new.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Jake, you have a pretty good eye to pick out a honeybee here, there are several thousand buzzing around the Anderson Bee Ranch.

Hedgerow, the 1953 JD 50 was my dads, and now belongs to my son. We are keeping it here while he deploys to Guam. I also have a 1950 JD A that my grandfather bought new, and I grew up cultivating corn with it. It is awaiting restoration. I love the sound of a 2 cyl.
Gregg
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Here’s a pic of my llama Snaps pondering her odd shadow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

lol how far can she spit?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

10-15 ft, hadn’t you heard, llamas carry covid antibodies. I charge $10 to have my llama spit on you.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Wind Charger Mike wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:55 pm 10-15 ft, hadn’t you heard, llamas carry covid antibodies. I charge $10 to have my llama spit on you.
Lololol :lol:
PaulV