Setting up an A902 on a 40FT tower for a friend

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Ron Stauffer

Re: Setting up an A902 on a 40FT tower for a friend

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Hardly an American West tower too. Have run across a similar vane. The only thing other than the motor that might be American West is the spokes. Guess not all mutations happen south of the border any more

Ron
Todd

Post by Todd »

Those "902's" are the new Ball Bearing models American West is marketing. Clever concept with the removable assembly to service them but I'm not fully sold on the sealed roller bearings personally. Time will tell how they hold up..
windybob

Post by windybob »

Very interesting!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

Ron Stauffer wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:56 am Hardly an American West tower too. Have run across a similar vane. The only thing other than the motor that might be American West is the spokes. Guess not all mutations happen south of the border any more

Ron
Ron, tower is made by the mennonite’s. They did a nice job on it. I am wondering if they buy parts from american west and fab some of their own. Maybe they buy the tailbone and all hard parts but fab their own tail sheet metal etc.
Josh From Ontario
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

Todd wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:20 am Those "902's" are the new Ball Bearing models American West is marketing. Clever concept with the removable assembly to service them but I'm not fully sold on the sealed roller bearings personally. Time will tell how they hold up..
Todd, i am the same with the design. If the sealed bearings are high quality they should last. Hard to find them anymore though. Assembly would be simple for them to slap a couple sealed bearings in there and slide it in. Otherwise you can’t beat an oil bath. Hard to see why they went away from the typical design.
Josh From Ontario
wind fab

Post by wind fab »

ron

you are right !!!! motor ,spokes helmet, mast are american west , rest is amish fabricated including tail, bone ,tail sheet, lower furl is amish fabricated brake parts american west, was at the shop tuesday on way back from lake huron

Paul