Enclosed Suburban Outfit

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
hedgerow

Re: Enclosed Suburban Outfit

Post by hedgerow »

hwy8 Thanks for posting the pictures. That's a neat set up. Lots of old cisterns around in my area. Some are in basements under the kitchen and had a well pump in the kitchen sink. A lot of them were fed off the gutters on houses. FIL used to tell the story of when he was a kid having be lower into a old hand dug well to clean the died toads out when the water started tasting strange.
Linda Jacox

Post by Linda Jacox »

Friend of ours has this tank/tower in his back yard (sorry it's sideways - just click on it):
PA070006.JPG
Nice one we found in Nebraska:
2016-NIKON101-DSCN1085.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linda Jacox
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Linda , never appoligize for your photos , they are always good !

Mike B
New Braunfels TX
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

This is the one I have for sale on the forum in case someone didn't see it.
20220331_075329.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

LInda Thanks for posting the picture. Is that set up in Nebraska? I have never seen one in person.
Linda Jacox

Post by Linda Jacox »

Yes, it is in Nebraska, but the photo was taken a number of years ago and we haven't been back to see if it is still standing.
Linda Jacox
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

These illustrations are from the F&W catalog in the Technical Library here on the site. The catalog says, "We have a large variety of designs for the arrangement of these towers, and they can be built as elaborate and ornamental as may be desired." I'm starting to think about building something and wondering if anyone has any of the designs the F&W catalog mentions. Or, for that matter, can anyone suggest where I can look? (It's not going to be too fancy but I'd like to at least dream about it!)
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Both of these ornate buildings have water tanks in them. The windmills are long gone and I don't know what kind they were. The first picture the windmill sat next to the building and pumped into the top of the tank. The other one the windmill was on top.
20220401_065057.jpg
20220401_065024.jpg
20220401_065037.jpg
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

I'm guessing that the primary reason to enclose the water tower was to keep it from freezing up, or at least, to slow it down....or maybe, "fancying-up" the thing was to make the neighbors jealous...Look how much fun these folks are having; although, it does look like that flagpole is a little close!