Powermill in Wisconsin ID help please

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
gravel hill

Re: Powermill in Wisconsin ID help please

Post by gravel hill »

Just another update...in the one picture the tail looks huge...it's just the angle i took the photo from, the tail is proportioned correctly to the fan size. And yes it's not a copy of the original Eureka Mill tail, it's my own spin on it since I had no parts, so I built the tail from scratch.
Other pic is the fan painted...my charming bride wanted some color in the air. I'm working on the tower, replaced a couple hundred bolts and nuts.
Tower is nice and tight and just about ready for some paint on that. I talked with the local crane guy and he came over to take a look...says it's going to easy given the tower is hinged and all. I'll have to climb it to take his hook off :shock: I'm thinking about September for the final assembly and raising this all up...God Bless you all.
thumbnail_IMG_2978.jpg
View recent photos.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway..John Wayne.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Looks very pleasing to the eye.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Looks good to me.!!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Reread the entire post again , a year to figure out what brand the windmill is , wow , but the really smart guys did that ! another year to get it all down and refurbished enough to make a spinner , great job , great to keep it in the family for 5 generations .......
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Looking Good!