Winchargers & parts 4 sale

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Winchargers4sale

Winchargers & parts 4 sale

Post by Winchargers4sale »

Good morning all! I am new to your forum but not new to Winchargers. My husband was David Ballinger and was an avid collector of Wincharger brand models. He mostly had 6V but also some 32V. He passed five years ago and I am finally ready to begin selling his collection. I am located in Burlington, Iowa (SE Iowa). I will be posting a lot of pics in the For Sale section both of complete units and parts for sale very soon. Some are restored and others are not. Let me know what questions you may have.
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Winchargers & parts 4 sale

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Hi Jean, welcome to the forum. This is a good place to sell the collection. David taught me everything I know about 6V Winchargers and I’m sure he made an impact on many others with all the farm shows he attended. Let me know if I can help in any way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

To anybody considering buying, I travel to the Burlington, Iowa area on a regular basis. If there is a way I can help transporting part way, let me know. Jean's son and I have been friends for many years.
Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks for the posting of the Mag Mike.
Winchargers4sale

Wind Charger Mike wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:51 am Hi Jean, welcome to the forum. This is a good place to sell the collection. David taught me everything I know about 6V Winchargers and I’m sure he made an impact on many others with all the farm shows he attended. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Thank you, Mike! My Son has been visiting here all week and has tried to organize things. I will be in touch with you again before long and really appreciate your help. I know David very much enjoyed your phone calls and visits thru the years. - Jean
Winchargers4sale

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:39 am To anybody considering buying, I travel to the Burlington, Iowa area on a regular basis. If there is a way I can help transporting part way, let me know. Jean's son and I have been friends for many years.
Gregg
Thank you, Gregg! I look forward to meeting you when you are in town one of these days and really appreciate your offer to help with transportation/delivery. - Jean
Bellhub1897D

Post by Bellhub1897D »

Good evening, Jean I just saw your posting of winch chargers for sale and I am interested in purchasing a small machine. For the past 45 years, I have been selling installing servicing water pumping farm style Windmills in California. I would love to add an early day win charger to my small collection. My name is Tom Anderson and I can be contacted at 530-957-8101. I’m looking forward to talking to you thank you
Junkalanche

Post by Junkalanche »

First, I am sorry for your loss, I did not know David personally, but knew of him. A local friend Richard Hixson, in So California was an Iowa native, and brought his love for all things of his childhood to life. John Deere tractors, Dempster, Flint and Walling Aermotor, A.W.E.C. windmills, Wincharger and Zenith charging mills. I helped the family is sorting through his treasures, to make sure they went to good homes, and that a fair price was recieved, so I understand what a daunting process this can be. You will come across the most generous people in the world, and a few snakes. Just the nature of the process!

I recently rescued a tail, regulator/governor (The complimentary part to the prop that regulated speed) and a stub tower for a Wincharger. I would love to find a proper motor, prop, and voltage regulator to complete a build to make it display worthy.
Neal