Oklahoma

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Gregg

Oklahoma

Post by Gregg »

Headed to Fort Sill Oklahoma next week from iowa. Anything to see on the way down or back?
Gregg
Wayne

Re: Oklahoma

Post by Wayne »

You being that close might want to take in The Wichita Mtns. I think I read once they have a Bison herd there. Elk City has a Route 66 museum and a farm museum. Plus if you have never been to Shattuck you would be heading North as you drove through. Just about every little old town has a museum of some sorts. I know Altus does. Altus also has or did the last time I was through there an power plant that would kick in if the main feeder lines went down, full of the engines hooked to generators if you like that kind of stuff. I stopped once, walked in and the guy there was happy to show me around. Enjoy your trip.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I had a brain fart when giving the info about the power plant. It's not in Altus, it's in Mangum north of Altus.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Thanks Wayne. As it looks right now we will drive to Lawton tomorrow. Grandson graduating from basic training on Friday. Family day on Thursday. Will probably head back home friday/Saturday. Some family health issues here at home so wont be doing much sight seeing this trip.
Gregg
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Sorry. I've learned in my travel if you stay off the interstate most small town have a museum. Some only ope on Thursday - Saturday but they have them.