Axtel Model A rebuild

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
windybob

Re: Axtel Model A rebuild

Post by windybob »

I looked at the old mainshaft from mine. No hub threads, just the nut threads on the end. The entire length of the shaft (for the hub) is tapered for the hub. And then the key. I would imagine a very tight fit. I would also imagine heating the hub before the big pull.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Centex Windmills

Post by Centex Windmills »

windybob wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:03 pm I looked at the old mainshaft from mine. No hub threads, just the nut threads on the end. The entire length of the shaft (for the hub) is tapered for the hub. And then the key. I would imagine a very tight fit. I would also imagine heating the hub before the big pull.
Thanks windy, I've put this hub on and off 100 times before this has gone south. The key is drilled out at this point so not sure where it's stuck but it's stuck.

Pull attempt 1 didnt work so back to do some redesign on the puller and I'll try again.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Oh my, I didn't know you had lots of practice with it. Good luck!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.