Stuff is still out there and waiting to be found P 2

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Ron Stauffer

Stuff is still out there and waiting to be found P 2

Post by Ron Stauffer »

But it can take twenty years of looking...

20241004_155739.jpg
20241003_154031.jpg
77f2d88d-b140-40c4-81b1-0eb590069dc0.jpg
20241003_153828.jpg

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Stuff is still out there and waiting to be found P 2

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Nice find Ron, that's only the third one of those I've seen. Wincharger Mike has one unless he sold it.
windybob

Post by windybob »

That's a WHOLE lot in better shape than the one I tried to straighten for the Shattuck Museum. Nice idea, but a poor design unless you live in an area that never sees wind.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Linda Jacox

Post by Linda Jacox »

We have a tipping tower and open gear Aermotor. We also know of 3 more still standing in the field. None of these have the open gear Aermotor on them. Here's pics of a couple of them. We're hoping to buy these but owners aren't willing to sell right now.
1-P2060152b.jpg
1-P2060169.jpg
Les & Linda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linda Jacox
Windcatcher530 Dan

WOW, i guess those towers aren't as scarce as I thought. Learned something new today !! Thanks
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

They are scarce because no one is willing to part with them. Most are in collections.

Is that second one in Eastern Nebraska? If so I think I've looked at it also.

Ron
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

It is amazing the cool stuff that has not been uncovered "yet " , keep looking & asking .
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Talking about stuff that is still out there. Friday I had to take a detour while driving over to the town of West. I was surprised to see a Dandy standing beside the road. It's the 5th Dandy I have found in my area. I wish I could learn who sold them. I have an idea but can't prove it. An ad for M. Drane and Son in a 1894-95 city directory said they sold windmills. Don't know what brand. We don't have that many windmills in the area. Underground water was hard to find. The old time farms mainly had cisterns. That makes it seem unusual to have so many Dandy's around.
image000000(309).jpg
windybob

Post by windybob »

I always thought Texas was Dandy country. For some reason there seems to more there than other areas. Go get them Wayne. Let me know when you stumble upon an Irrigator.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
Windcatcher530 Dan

I did read that Burdick the guy who erected a lot of mills was a distributor for Challenges based in Texas!!