A beautiful warm and sunny fall to try to catch up on projects...

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
hwy8

A beautiful warm and sunny fall to try to catch up on projects...

Post by hwy8 »

IMG_9664.jpeg
#1. Put up the tower for my 14' Southern Cross. (It's cemented in and the gearbox work is almost finished)
#2. Just stood up my Eli tower and it will be cemented into the ground by tomorrow night. (The ELI machine is close to being finished) I included a vintage ELI photo--Check out the "X" shaped crosspieces
#3. Assembling a wide-base tower for my 8' Aermotor and it will soon be standing in the garden.
#4. Erecting an Aermotor Suburban tower with wooden tank this week. A 10' Aermotor is ready to be moved onto it.
#5. Getting tower tops ready for: my restored Dempster 12A, restored 10' Duplex, an in-progress Monitor L, several Jacobs Wind Electric generators

Going to try and squeeze a tele-handler into the garden to lift the machines into place; My fingers are crossed and I'm really hoping to get at least the towers up before winter snows hit!

Burt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Re: A beautiful warm and sunny fall to try to catch up on projects...

Post by mtblah »

Burt , you have been a very bizzy boy ! Thanks for growing another windmill farm in Minnesota! and thaks for the photos .
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

WOW Burt you've been busy, very nice you didn't mention the 14ft power mill how is that coming along?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

WOW! Wish I had your drive and determination.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I know what you mean Wayne. I've been waiting all summer for the horrible to give way to the most delightful fall days, moderate temps and lower humidity. Now that they're here, I'm too beat down from the summer to take advantage of them. Must find a way to regain my initiative. LOL
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

8-) :)
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

I forgot to say, the 14' power mill is at Dan Benjamin's shop right now. I had patterns for the gears made which were poured at a foundry in Sioux City and then machined in Hospers, Iowa. Everything fit together okay but there was a spot in the gear rotation that seemed a bit "sticky" and I asked Dan to look it over: I was concerned that I don't know whether this was a problem that needs fixing or simply a case of "running them in"...I'll post some pictures after Dan takes a look and I bring it back to my shop...
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Amen Windy!