Model 1215 Streamliner documents?

......when you need to get in the weeds
Elektro

Model 1215 Streamliner documents?

Post by Elektro »

Well now that I might have a line on some parts to put together a "franken-charger" 1215 streamliner I would like to find some documentation, mainly a parts list and diagram, maybe a blueprint if its available? Something else that would be nice is testing/performance data or specifications, I did see the advertisement from Wincharger.com and the very helpful table Wind Charger Mike shared in my other thread, but some model specific details would be very helpful. If anyone has any internet copies or knows where I can find some that would be much appreciated :)
32V_Slide114.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Model 1215 Streamliner documents?

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Do you have pics of the parts you have? I check to see if I have any drawings. It used a 31” air brake governor. That governor begins to actuate at 875 rpm and is full open at 910 rpm assuming it has the correct springs.
Elektro

Post by Elektro »

I've been talking privately to another collector about purchasing some parts, he has a couple spare tails for a model 85 and a homemade mounting bracket. He also has some parts for the heavy duty model and I thought I should be able to piece together a model 1215 from the parts. I don't know if he has a governor but I can ask now that I know what size it need to be. I did find a silvertone ad. That says a 7 ½' prop. starts charging at 5 ½ mph, but I would like to know what the monthly kw rating is. As for diagrams, how the collector rings brush assembly is put together would be useful, or is it the same as a regular heavy duty charger? On the generator side of things, that table you posted seems to indicate that the generators are identical for a heavy duty and a 1215 streamliner, however the end-bell would need to be different to attach the tail? He fabricated a custom one but it would be nice to see how it was originally done.
Facebook_creation_353388634461839.jpeg
Tail attachment bracket and end-bell

Facebook_creation_1302723207410557.jpeg
Heavy duty generator, I'm not sure if he has the slip-ring assembly

Facebook_creation_570247502089824.jpeg
Spare model 85 tail
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

If you want a stab at the energy it can produce take the power rating (225W for the 1215), multiply times a capacity factor of 20% which gives you the average power that machine will produce over time in nominal conditions. Multiply that by 720 hrs/mo and you get 32kW-hrs….its a ROM number but better than a WAG, the certainty is consistent with the uncertainty of the wind.
Drawing to follow…
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Gabriel , in photo #2 , there is a wagon parked next to the heavy duty generator , if you make the deal see if the owner will throw in the wagon wheels , i would love to have those
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
Wind Charger Mike

This dwg shows the unique mounting features for the 1215 streamliner tail.