juds jig

......when you need to get in the weeds.
windmillerman

juds jig

Post by windmillerman »

Gregg, this is for you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gregg

Re: juds jig

Post by Gregg »

Thanks Windmillerman.

Gregg
grezmonki

Post by grezmonki »

Sounds like a song title. Maybe Paul can play it for us on his banjo!🎵😊
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Thought that too when I first saw the post title! :lol:
PaulV
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

windmillerman
I found this screen shot picture I took sometime from Brads site. Was this your set-up, or does it belong to someone else?
1221172201 (5).jpg
Gregg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windmillerman

Post by windmillerman »

no, but looks good, would make it longer so to fit blades before removal for consistency... in sections, 6' radius for 12' mill?
rocar-ks

Post by rocar-ks »

This last pic was something I came up with for a couple Monitor L's I was working on. It works good....but nothing new or novel. Same principle as most non radial saw fixtures.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

rocar, if you are willing would you consider posting more info on your jig?

Gregg
rocar-ks

Post by rocar-ks »

Gregg, I can give you a concept overview. Terry Jantzen gave me a well weathered and mostly complete original section to reverse engineer from and without it I would have had a tough time. I had six spokes so obviously need to cover 60 degrees per segment. One obstacle was to get the desired cut depth and angle.... which I forgot and have to check. One of my saws laid over 50 degrees which wasn't sufficient so had to ride on a riser in the sled to reach correct degree. I have another set to make soon so that will refresh my memory.
Rod
1127171905.jpg
rocar-ks

Post by rocar-ks »

Took a bit to figure out spacing as the original sail section was all over the place as far as consistent measurement between cuts. So I used the original sail section to locate rail position only and figured equidistant cut spacing. I index each cut with a pin as seen in earlier pic.
Rod
1127171856.jpg